[pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
古いトピック: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC1 for you to play with
新しいトピック: [pcre-dev] Replies to many, [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC3 for you to play with
題目: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
I have just put a second release candidate for 7.1 in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC2.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC2.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC2.zip

There are also detached signatures in that directory, should you want to
check them.

The following changes have happened since -RC1:

 1. Craig's "Failed" problem with the tests *was* a bug - in the testing
    scheme - in pcretest, in fact, recently introduced. Now fixed.

2. Removed INSTALL from extra_dist, as it is automatically included.

 3. I have *not* changed the names of the CleanTxt, Detrail, and 132html
    scripts - but I note that PrepareRelease is in fact a shell script. :-)

 4. Tidied up spaces after full stops in configure.ac. I have left the
    French spacing in C++ files, since it looks consistent and it won't
    be me that maintains them.

 5. Moved Index.html to doc/index.html.src, put a comment inside it, and
    changed the script that uses it.

 6. Moved maint/Tech.Notes to HACKING, and arranged for it to be
    distributed.

 7. Renamed !compile.txt and !linklib.txt as makevp-compile and
    makevp-linklib and modified makevp.bat appropriately.

8. Some minor updates to wording in pcreapi.3.

 9. Re-jigged the way the character tables are done, following discussion
    here. There is now a distributed file called pcre_chartables.c.dist,
    which is a set of ASCII tables. By default, this is copied to
    pcre_chartables.c at "make" time. However, if --enable-rebuild-chartables
    is used with "configure", the previous method is used: dftables.c is
    compiled and run in order to create pcre_chartables.c.

10. Updated various documentation files to accommodate all these
    changes.

Not related to the release: I have tidied up the Contrib directory on
the FTP site by archiving everything except those that Daniel thought
were useful into a tarball whose name begins "archive".

What now needs doing before a real 7.1 release? I have the following:

. Check with Daniel on the Cmake support - how much needs doing there?

. Somebody who knows about Windows needs to check out the NON-UNIX-USE
file, especially the section entitled OUT-OF-DATE COMMENTS ABOUT WIN32
BUILDS.

. ... and, of course, any comments that come back on the -RC2
distribution.

I am now going to start work on creating a script that does a whole
sequence of "configure, compile, test" operations, with different
configuration options. I don't intend this as part of the distribution,
but for use by maintainers.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.