Re: [exim] sa-exim and save directories

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] sa-exim and save directories
De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> Hello Peter
>
> I try to store the spam that are rejected by sa-exim into a Maildir
> managed by each user
> May be effectively it's not possible from sa-exim
>
> Thanks for your respons
>
> Guy
>
> Peter Bowyer a écrit :
>> On 16/03/07, De Leeuw Guy <G.De_Leeuw@???> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In the config file /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf the attributes to save
>>> messages are :
>>>
>>> SApermrejectsave: /var/spool/sa-exim/SApermreject
>>>
>>> it is posible to specify a value like :
>>> $home/mail/.sa-exim/SApermreject ?
>>>
>> What value would you expect to be subsitiuted for $home ? If it's
>> anything to do with the message recipient, remember that when
>> processed by sa-exim in local_scan, the message can have many
>> recipients, some or all of which might not be local, and might not
>> have any concept of a home directory even if they are.
>>
>> Peter

Not hard. Router/transport used here, rather than system filter.

Transport can be of the general form:

#
quarantine_delivery:
driver = appendfile
user = exim
group = mail
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
maildir_format = true
mode = 0770
directory = /var/mail/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir/.Suspect/
create_directory = true
directory_mode = 0770
no_mode_fail_narrower

Router that selects it can be tripped on either an acl_m(n) variable, all of
which are stored with each message in the queue with hteir last vlaue leaving
DATA phase, OR by an X-header added during the DATA acl - easier to read long
after the queue has moved on.

Our case is an IMAP-only environment, (Dovecot). MUA settings NOT limited to
display of only the already-subscribed folders, so these 'just appear' when the
first entries go into them, will re-appear if the user deletes the whole folder
instead of the dodgy content. As happens.

I can't speak for folders on POP - we don't run it.

HTH,

Bill