Re: [exim] how can exim 4.54 check for valid 'non-local' use…

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how can exim 4.54 check for valid 'non-local' users when acting as a MX gateway for remote uucp sites?
On Saturday 17 March 2007 07:47 am, Marco Wessel wrote:

> Have a look at recipient verification with callouts. Specifically the
> callouts part.

For a long time now our dedicated server clients have been asking us to
run backup mx for them. The reason we haven't agreed to do so is
because I've not found an easy way around the problem of callouts not
being available when the primary mx server is offline.

I can think of a way to tackle this: creating a file of usernames in
real time on their servers, and copying it over to our backup mx server
at an agreed-upon interval. I just haven't wanted to go through the
trouble.

Has anyone come up with any better ideas?

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517