Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC1 for you to play with

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Bob Rossi
To: Craig Silverstein
CC: pcre-dev, skunk
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC1 for you to play with
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 10:33:48AM -0700, Craig Silverstein wrote:
> } OK, I'll try to learn some more about Autotools - this does have to
> } be addressed somehow, unless we say "If you want to cross-compile,
> } you must not set --enable-rebuild-chartables; if you need other
> } character tables, you can build dftables.c independently and run it
> } manually before you do the real build." I could live with that.
>
> Me too. cross-compilation is going to be a pretty obscure case, I
> think.
>
> Also note that the autoconf docs often say things like, "this macro
> doesn't work when cross-compiling," so I think that autotools kind of
> punts on this issue as well.

I've been busy, and will test on mingw and cygwin asap.

I do think that cross compiling of pcre should work. In fact, I plan on
cross compiling my application, which would require pcre to be cross
compiled. The autotools work well in general when cross compiling. The
problem is, you can't generate programs that need to be run during the
build. Well, you can do that, if the cross compiled tools also run in
the host environment. This works if you cross compile from cygwin to
mingw.

I don't have any good solutions yet, as to how to solve this problem,
but I'll think about it more. One solution would be to have a separate
autotools project, nested in pcre that solely had the responsibilty to
generate that file. Another solution would be to figure out how not to
need the generated file in the first place. Are there other ideas?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi