Re: [exim] smarthost relaying

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smarthost relaying
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:10:33 +0100, Michael Rouba <mail@???>
wrote:
>if have running an Eximserver, which works all fine. The only thing is:
>I can sent just through a smarthost. That means, that all my virtual
>domain users sending emails with one and the same smarthost and also one
>and the same senderaddress. I would like to have them own senderaddress
>localpart@???. But the smarthost of course doesnt accept
>these senders due to spammprevention.

You need to arrange with your smarthost provider that they relay
everything for you.

>Do i need an own relay?

Why do you need an relay anyway? Can't you send out directly?

>Is there a good recource for setting up an
>relay? I guess i must fight with a big spamproblem then.

Just use some kind of authentication, such as "I only relay for my
static IP address" or SMTP AUTH.

Since you use Debian, the information given on
http://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4 might help you.

Greetings
Marc