Re: [exim] smarthost relaying

Autor: Jason_Meers
A: Michael Rouba
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smarthost relaying
Michael Rouba wrote:
> Hi Users,
> if have running an Eximserver, which works all fine. The only thing is:
> I can sent just through a smarthost. That means, that all my virtual
> domain users sending emails with one and the same smarthost and also one
> and the same senderaddress. I would like to have them own senderaddress
> localpart@???. But the smarthost of course doesnt accept
> these senders due to spammprevention.
>
> Do i need an own relay? Is there a good recource for setting up an
> relay? I guess i must fight with a big spamproblem then.
>
> thanks,

If you are sending from a fixed IP address with the correct MX records
and reverse records in place you should be reasonably OK. If you are on
a dynamic IP or an IP that is part of a well known range of dynamic IPs
you could get blacklisted quite quickly.

If you want to see a tutorial and example configs of Exim being used as
a smarthost for multiple servers/domains then try this:
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/95/39/

Virtual domains are not covered, but you could at least setup a test
system and see how feasible having your own smarthost would be by
sending a few test messages and watching what does and doesn't get
caught in spam filters.

Thanks
Jason_Meers

--