Re: [exim] Uid in spool header (-H) files

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Cronfy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Uid in spool header (-H) files
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Cronfy wrote:

> > > Yes, this works - second line in header files changes to "mailnull 26 6".
> > In that case, it is the documentation that is out of date. The way that
> > the daemon disconnects itself has changed a few times, and I expect that
>
> So, what is the solution? Do not care about it at all or send HUP to exim
> on every restart?

That field is really of interest only for messages that are submitted
locally, so I suppose the answer is "don't care for TCP/IP messages".
My solution was to fix the documentation.

However, I suppose it *is* confusing, though I don't think many people
actually look at spool file contents. Maybe I should tidy this up some
time if it's easy.