Re: [exim] Uid in spool header (-H) files

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Cronfy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Uid in spool header (-H) files
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Cronfy wrote:

> # /usr/local/exim/sbin/exim -C /usr/local/etc/exim/configure-mail-new -bP exim_user
> exim_user = mailnull

Looks OK. (Assuming, of course, that mailnull doesn't have uid = 0.)

> # ps -axwwo user,rgroup,pid,command | grep new
> mailnull mail    3251 /usr/local/exim/sbin/exim -bd -C /usr/local/etc/exim/configure-mail-new -oP /var/run/exim-new.pid (exim-4.66-0)

Presumably you were running as root when you started that command.
Running Exim using -C has a number of complications. Do you get the same
problem if you run Exim without using -C?

I've just been looking at the code - there does seem to be an oddity.
Try starting the daemon, then sending it a HUP signal, *then* sending
the message.