[pcre-dev] Status report

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
題目: [pcre-dev] Status report
I thought you might like to hear where I've got to at the end of this
week:

I have just completed all the actions I had listed. These were mostly
concerned with documentation and the new build system, but two fairly
important bugs had been reported. The only changes to the code are

. bug fixes
. some missing "const"s
. some additional #ifdef SUPPORT_UTF8 lines
. a tweak to pcretest to add a feature to help fix a test infelicity

all of which could be loosely described as "bug fixes". In other words,
I haven't changed the functionality of the code. Since I was changing
things, however, I decided to do the "RunTest to use -C" change, and
this led to another fix (last bullet above).

Details of all changes are in the ChangeLog file, which you can now get
from the SVN repository.

What I need to do, before making a release candidate, is to have another
trawl through all the non-man-page documentation to check that it is all
updated - though I expect to need help with the NON-UNIX-USE file in due
course.

I also want to add (maybe a separate document, maybe to the README) some
notes on the checks that I normally run when making a release. Maybe
that goes in maint/README?

I also have an "ideas for the long term, some sensible, some wacky" file
that perhaps could usefully be tidied up and put somewhere in the SVN
repository.

With luck, I should be able to get that all done on Monday, so expect a
release candidate early next week.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.