[exim] exim with cyrus

Author: neider
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim with cyrus

Hi,

I am not getting the emails with cyrus + exim combination. The story is as
follows.

I firstly installed postfix + cyrus imap server. Evreything was fine, I
could send emails and get emails with cyrus. But I just realized that with
postfix I can not send emails to certain domains like hotmail.com, web.de,
but to gmail accounts I could. Somehow they rejected to communicate with my
postfix server. There was somethin wrong in the postfix configuration but I
could not figure out what it was. So I got fed up and switched to Exim.

After installing Exim, I could send emails to hotmail, web.de,gmail,
whatever accounts and I said okay that is it. But this time I realized that
I do not receive emails from any account via cyrus. So again I got lost. in
exim/main.log it seems that exim delivers successfully but there is
something missing to sychnronize exim and cyrus. Any help would be
appreciated!

here is the log

2007-03-05 11:48:42 no IP address found for host loopback (during SMTP
connection from [127.0.0.1])
2007-03-05 11:48:42 1HOAkE-0000rP-Lg <= myuser@??? H=(fileserver)
[127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=796
id=10288833.271173091722671.OPEN-XCHANGE.WebMail.wwwrun@fileserver
2007-03-05 11:48:43 1HOAkE-0000rP-Lg => myuser <myuser@???>
R=localuser T=local_delivery
2007-03-05 11:48:43 1HOAkE-0000rP-Lg Completed