Re: [exim] exim + greylisting

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Paulo Andre
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] emailsize
Subject: Re: [exim] exim + greylisting
On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 11:36 +0200, Paulo Andre wrote:
> Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> > Paulo Andre <pandre@???> (Mo 05 Mär 2007 09:11:16 CET):
> >
> >> Can someone please suggest a greylisting solution for exim with a
> MySQL
> >>

> > Why do you need the MySQL backend?
> >
> Not neccessarily need it, but it is what I am more familar with, then
> could you suggest another greylisting solution?

Fedora's Exim package ships with a configuration based closely on the
Exim default configuration, but with an optional greylisting ACL which
uses sqlite. If you really wanted, you could adapt it to use MySQL
instead.

The important bit is at http://david.woodhou.se/exim-greylist.conf.inc

To use it, just set $acl_m_greylistreasons to a text string describing
the reason why the mail was considered suspicious enough to be
greylisted. For example...

  warn  condition = ${if eq{$sender_host_name}{} {1}}
        set acl_m_greylistreasons = Host $sender_host_address lacks reverse DNS\n$acl_m_greylistreasons

  warn  condition  = ${if !def:h_Message-ID: {1}}
        set acl_m_greylistreasons = Message lacks Message-Id: header. Consult RFC2822.\n$acl_m_greylistreasons

  warn  condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{5} {1}}
        set acl_m_greylistreasons = Message has $spam_score SpamAssassin points\n$acl_m_greylistreasons

require acl = greylist_mail

You'll also want to run something like http://david.woodhou.se/greylist-tidy.sh
daily, and create the database with http://david.woodhou.se/mk-greylist-db.sql

--