Re: [exim] Trying to Unsubscribe

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: littlefoot8
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trying to Unsubscribe

On 5 Mar 2007, at 07:59, TBlittlefoot wrote:

> I went to the website and followed the poorly-written directions
> to the best of my ability.
>
> But it apparently didn't work.
>
> Would the moderator please just unsubscribe me manually?
>
> List                                     Password // URL
> ----                                     --------
> exim-users@???                      pecixo
> http://www.exim.org/mailman/options/exim-users/littlefoot8%
> 40earthlink.net

You follow that link, check the "I really want to unsubscribe"
checkbox, and click the "Unsubscribe" button.... I'm not sure what
else we can do....

> And thanks for running a great list. I learned a lot.
>
> Sure are a lot of scumbag spammers on the list, though.

We normally obscure the address in the archives, although that does
not prevent anyone subscribing or using another archive of the list
to obtain addresses. However a check round has shown that the http
rules that prevent downloading of the raw mail archives have been
(presumably inadvertently) removed from the config. I have restored
those rules so raw archive access is no longer available - that
should prevent further leakage from there, but does not deal with the
fact that we have been leading address data previously.

Apologies for that.

    Nigel.