[exim] Problem with spam scanning

Author: Renaud Allard
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] Problem with spam scanning
Hello,

I just went into some problems with spam scanning. I do not know whether
it's really related on my upgrade of spamassassin to v3.1.8, but I saw
the issue at the same time.

The problem is that mails are altered after using an ACL with spam
scanning. I am not using the old demime method. There is a carriage
return that is added between the message and the attachments. That means
signed mails fail validation because the message has been altered. It
does not cause any problem with unsigned mails or encrypted mails however.

I don't see any reason why spamassassin should modify the mail if called
from the ACLs. But after I removed the "spam= nobody:true" in the ACLs,
the problem stopped.