Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3

Góra strony
Autor: Bob Rossi
Dla: pcre-dev, Daniel Richard G., Craig Silverstein
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3
On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:39:03AM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:06:12PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
> >
> > > After applying the patch, one of the first things I notice is,
> > > $ ./autogen.sh
> > > + rm -rf autom4te.cache
> > > + aclocal --force
> > > + libtoolize -c -f
> > > + autoconf -f -W all,no-obsolete
> > > + automake -a -c -f -W all
> > > configure.ac:17: required file `config.h.in' not found
> > >
> > > Is that from this rule in Makefile.am?
> > >
> > > +config-cmake.h.in: config.h.in
> > > +       sed 's/#undef/#cmakedefine/g' config.h.in >$@

> > > Anyways, I've since removed config.h.in. What should we do about this?
> >
> > That looks to me like the issue I reported with the ordering of commands
> > in autogen.sh. I am sure that autoheader should be called before
> > automake. It creates config.h.in.
> >
> > But, Bob, are you happy yet for me to take Daniel's patch and start
> > working on it? I'm holding off until I get the word from you.
>
> I was planning on running my tests on it, which is what I'm attempting
> to do. In general, sure you can start on it! I'll let you know if any of
> the tests fail.

OK, everything seems to pass the tests OK. I did notice the test suite
results for
ebcdic
newline-is-any
newline-is-crlf
newline-is-cr
utf8-newline-is-any
had different output. However all the results were the same. (ie. 1 out
of 5)

So maybe that's because the input files were changed?

Other than that, good job Daniel!

Thanks,
Bob Rossi