Re: [exim] Limit of "to" or "cc" by a sender

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Limit of "to" or "cc" by a sender

--On 1 March 2007 12:30:34 +0000 Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> > What I'm trying to do, if I can get the syntax right, is replace long
>> > headers To: and Cc: headers (say, more than 1024 chars) with a comment
>> > like "long list hidden by postmaster:;". I don't see a way of actually
>> > counting the number of addresses, which I'd slightly prefer.
>
> You will be able to do this in the next release of Exim. The facility is
> currently available in the snapshots. Look for "addresses" and "reduce"
> in the NewStuff file.

So, I could say something like this:

${reduce{${addresses:$h_to:$h_cc:}{0}{${eval:$value+1}}}} to yield the
number of addresses revealed in the headers. Neat!

Also looking forward to $smtp_count_at_connection_start, which will let me
use teergrubing when I'm not too busy, or even adjust delays. Actually, my
real concern here is the total number of OS processes, due to a daftness in
OSX whereby you can't have more than 2064 processes, and the fact that my
IMAP proxy server uses lots. However, this will allow me to throttle back
the teergrubing when my smtp process count gets high.

Also looking forward to forany and forall. Not sure what I can do with them
yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex