Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3
[Copied to list although its only just relevant]

On 1 Mar 2007, at 09:49, Philip Hazel wrote:
> But that means I'll have to learn how to commit stuff to subversion
> securely. Nigel - how do you advise me to do that? Can I use svn+ssh
> with my sesame account?

I'd like to hold off svn+ssh initially because I have not properly
tested it and there may be permissions issues if I get it wrong.

I'll build you a login for svn: method and send you the info for that
separately.

svn basically uses the same command set as cvs, with a few differences,
the major one being that "update" updates (and should not be used as a
status check a la cvs) and "status" gets the status.

There are additional commands for moving things etc which would not be
relevant for cvs. Branching and tagging are substantially different
(both are done as copies - which are cheap in svn)

Theres some documentation around:-
   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/index.html - SVN Book
   http://fusion.txcorp.com/~kruger/seattle06/SVNnotes.html
      - Intro to SVN for CVS users