Re: [exim] Segment fault [SOLVED]

Author: Arthur Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Segment fault [SOLVED]
On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 11:26 +0100, Adrian Chapela wrote:
> Philip Hazel escribió:
> >
> > Yes. It means there is a problem with your operating system. It crashes
> > when Exim calls getservbyname("smtp", "tcp"). Do you have a file called
> > /etc/services? Does it have an entry for "smtp" like this:
> >
> > smtp            25/tcp          mail            # Simple Mail Transfer

> > If not, that may be what is provoking the crash. I do not think this is
> > an Exim issue.
> >

> Yes I have the file and the line is:
>
> smtp            25/tcp          mail

> It's very strange...

It is possible that your system is configured to use NIS (YP), NIS+,
ldap or other remote lookup facilities.

Try this command:

# getent services smtp
smtp                  25/tcp mail

If you have a getent command, and it doesn't return a valid entry, you
do indeed have a services resolving problem which may bite you again in
the future. If so, take a look at /etc/nsswitch.conf (or
possibly /etc/net/nsswitch.conf if it's not in /etc/ on your OS). The
line with "services" tells how services should be looked up on your
system. If you have to use NIS/NIS+ (unlikely, since you're running
exim without NIS support built in), talk to whoever runs the NIS server
about fixing the map.

Regards,
--
*Art