Re: [exim] Segment fault [SOLVED]

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Adrian Chapela
CC: exim-users, Magnus Holmgren
Subject: Re: [exim] Segment fault [SOLVED]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Adrian Chapela wrote:

> I resolved this problem. The problem was not set the daemon_smtp_ports.

Do you mean you had

daemon_smtp_ports =

or do you mean you had not set it at all? The default setting is

daemon_smtp_ports = smtp

> I set this in config and then the exim run allright. It's very rare that
> the exim doesn't write a message for this no ??

What did you set it to? If you set it to

daemon_smtp_ports = 25

(that is, a number rather than a name), then it means the crash was
cause when Exim tried to turn "smtp" into a name by calling
getservbyname(). If this function crashes, there is a problem in your
operating system.

Does your exim work for

daemon_smtp_ports = smtp

?