[exim] sender_domains issue?

Author: James Price
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] sender_domains issue?
I've found that its become quite common for spammers to send spam to you as
you, ie, they send email to james@??? and their mail from is
james@???. Is there any simple way to deny/drop the message
if the sender_domain = +relay_to_domains (my list of domains I am MX for).

I tried
deny sender_domains = +relay_to_domains

I have the above after...
require message = We do not handle mail for $domain
          domains = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains

Callouts happen after both of these and then my global accept for
acl_check_rcpt.

This denies all mail even legitimate. I'm not sure I understand why. My
understanding is sender_domains represents the envelope sender so based on
that understanding, it should deny only the mail where sender_domains are
equal to my relay_to_domains list, but instead it drops all legitimate mail
other than localhost generated and whitelisted connections. If I take it
out, messages are accepted as long as the sender_verify passes. So with
that in mind, any time I get a spam where the mail from is the same as a
legit email address I am the MX for, its accepted because it passes both the
recipient and sender callouts.

James R. Price
Digital Chicago Networks, Inc.
3636 S. Iron St., Chicago, IL 60609