[pcre-dev] SVN repo

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: pcre-dev
題目: [pcre-dev] SVN repo
This is an early announcement - meaning that there is always the chance
that I might decide I did things the wrong way etc and tear up the
existing set of work.... however testing from other folks and feedback
would be welcome.

I put together a subversion repository for PCRE over the weekend.

I decided that it was worth leaving some hierarchy space for additional
stuff to be fitted into the repository, but that the repo will be just
for the PCRE project. Hence the first level of hierarchy is 'code'.

Under 'code' is the standard svn project hierarchy:-
- trunk
- branches
- tags

trunk contains the current PCRE release (version 7.0 at present) along
with history back to version 1.0 (the earliest release).

branches contains a directory per release, named pcre-<version> with a
snapshot of that release.

If non-release stuff needs to be added - ie build scripts for stuff that
is not packaged for a release, then we can add additional sections at
the top level.

At present this is available for anonymous or per user svn at
     svn://sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk/pcre/

(ie svn://sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk/pcre/code/trunk )

It could also be handled by svn+ssh for people with sesame accounts, but
people's group settings would need modifying for this to work.

NB note that svnserve passwords are kept in clear on the server end.
Hence should people get given non-anonymous access to this they should
not use a valuable password (in fact we'll probably issue passwords to
you since they only ever need to be entered once and then svn caches
them).

     Nigel.