Re: [exim] Slow SMTP

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Slow SMTP
* on the Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 12:28:41AM +1100, Ted Cooper wrote:

> Use something like the following
>
> rfc1413_query_timeout = 30s
> rfc1413_hosts = ! 192.168.32.0/24 : *
>
> My local network is exempted from idents, but I still ident everyone
> else out there just to introduce a nice delay at the start, and
> sometimes even get useful information.

> As for authenticated clients, you're out of luck. This query is done
> before the initial 220 greeting.

You can get around this issue if you are correctly doing mail submission
on port 587, and mail relaying on port 25. Something like the below maybe
(untested) :

rfc1413_hosts = ${if eq{$interface_port}{25}{*}{! $sender_host_address}}

$interface_port was deprecated recently for another variable although I
can't remember what it is off the top of my head. See documentation.

Mike