Re: [exim] Blocking non-authenticated senders

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David Woodhouse
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: Jethro R Binks, Exim Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [exim] Blocking non-authenticated senders
On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 10:01 +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> That seems like a good summary of the situation. It's probably worth adding
> that, in an ideal world, (A) no site would accept unauthenticated email
> "from" its own domain. Furthermore, (B) no site would accept email from
> another domain, where the IP address of the sender wasn't advertised as a
> legitimate source. In that world, domain owners could be held responsible
> for email sent "from" their domains.

I'd probably be inclined to agree with that -- but it's worth noting
that this 'ideal world' of which you speak bears no relation to email as
we know it, and in particular to SMTP. We _do_ expect to see
unauthenticated email "from" our own addresses, the way the world works
today.

--
dwmw2