Re: [pcre-dev] Reply to much discussion

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andrew Ho
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [pcre-dev] Reply to much discussion
Hello,

PH>Web site: Andrew Ho, manager of the existing web site, is here.
PH>Andrew, you didn't express any opinion about moving the web site onto
PH>the same box as everything else. Do you have a view?

I volunteered to make pcre.org simply because I felt like software
packages need a web end-point that is findable via search engines and
linkable from other sites. It is also convenient to have the man page,
README, LICENSE, etc. available for on-line browsing.

Currently www.pcre.org is just hosted on my personal colo'ed server. I
also mirrored the source code on SourceForge so there would be an HTTP
download link without costing any of my bandwidth.

I am happy to continue doing what I'm currently doing, and I am also not
opposed to ceding control of the website to someone else (and putting it
closer to the project's FTP home, for example).

Humbly,

Andrew

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves                         Andrew Ho
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.                  andrew@???
  All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.          http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/