Re: [exim] Blocking non-authenticated senders

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: Peter Velan, Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking non-authenticated senders
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> Well, the purpose of keeping the postmaster address open is that people who
> have a problem sending email to your domain can contact you. If their
> problem is that they're using your domain as the sender, then you break
> that line of contact. However, I can't see that you'd break anything that
> wasn't already broken.

Actually, I am against blacklisting, but such address is one that is
blacklisted, since i do not see any reason another one's address for
sending a report, and i never send a messge using postmaster@mydomain as
from (all error messages come from mail-daemon@mydomain !)