Re: [exim] Blocking non-authenticated senders

Author: Jethro R Binks
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking non-authenticated senders
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Peter Velan wrote:

> -- One message was triggered from a news website, where one user
> informed about an interesting article. The email-system of this website
> placed the email-address of the informing guy in envelope-from.

The last time I thought about this setting, which would have been around
2000 or so, it was quite common for "greetings card" sites and similar to
do this too. They were quite in-vogue at the time, I've no idea about
now. As a general comment, there are probably many other cases that you
haven't observed, so:

> Conclusion: Its not worth the hassle!

I agree with that conclusion, and one benefit of your investigation
provides the Exim users archives with a more recent discussion on the
matter.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services