Re: [pcre-dev] Development Infrastructure

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Bob Rossi
Υ/ο: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [pcre-dev] Development Infrastructure

On 21 Feb 2007, at 16:17, Bob Rossi wrote:

>> If we went with subversion then I would be prepared to do the work to
>> import the history into the system.
>
> What history? As far as I understand it, PCRE isn't under revision
> control currently.

But there is a pile of releases. I was intending to import all
releases, right from the very beginning, and so have a set of release
changes on trunk. That at least means we can say that x change was
done for release y.

[...]
> I would definitely not recommend sourceforge. I've hosted a project
> there for
> years. It's simply terrible. Subversion repo's go down, disk space
> gets
> full, email lists get spammed (subscriber only), .... The list goes on
> and on, and there isn't a quick phone call or email that can be
> made to
> correct these problems. You go in the queue. I've never used google,
> so I can't comment on that subject.

Personally, I would not be that keen on sourceforge. And whatever
development system was used I would make sure there was a copy of the
development tree revision system outside of the hosting system.

Anyone got working experience of code.google?

    Nigel.