Re: [exim] MX for Multiple Domains using Exim4 as smarthost

Author: Wes Carver
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] MX for Multiple Domains using Exim4 as smarthost
Thank you both for your time.

Steven...I did not need you to check my MX records. The Cisco consultant
will work with me on Friday, or early next week. For you to check the MX
records would be a waste of your time at this point. I obfuscated the
domains to focus on the real question about the MX records needing to have
the right server name. Thank you for answering that.

Jason...You have it exactly...3 domains on 1 Exchange server...1 Exim
Smarthost in the DMZ...

All is well with the Exchange to Exim piece through the firewall...I am just
trying to figure out as much as I can about the Internet side of the
Equation before the Cisco guy gets here to help me with our edge router.

I know that if I don't have an MX/ptr record pair set up, the big guys
will route all mail sent by us to spam folders. I am just having trouble
with the "how to create the records" portion. On the Internet, I guess it
doesn't matter that the Host record points (through a NAT) to a machine that
does not have the same FQDN. I just didn't know enough about the Helo to
know if it mattered to SMTP.

I will read the paper you suggested.

Again...thank you both.