Re: [exim] Sender/Return-Path with autenticated users

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Drav Sloan
To: Marco Wessel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Sender/Return-Path with autenticated users
[This time with correct envelope sender - I must stop doing that!]

Marco Wessel wrote:
> Interestingly, I just had a very similar problem of return-paths
> being mangled:
>
> LOG: 1HJjfO-00030H-Pf <= "marco@???
> H=ip3e83cd10.speed.planet.nl [62.131.205.16] P=smtp
> A=PLAIN:marco@??? S=408

I was getting this behaviour (in the From:) with just:

control = submission

Adding the /sender_retain fixed the "From" and Sender not to be
"dravster@???. With this
setting enabled the From line is as I sent it
"postmaster@???", (which is what I want), BUT the
Sender: header is set to dravster@??? which NOT
what I want (I want this to be postmaster@??? aswell).

Basically this behaviour breaks things; certain MUAs reply to the
Sender address, and bounces goto this "nonexistant" address; which
is not good when this host is acting as a Smarthost. Futher to my
confusion is that if we "trust" an IP in an ACL with:

  accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
          control       = submission

And send EXACTLY the same email, the submission mode doesnt "mangle"
the From and doesn't add a Sender: