[exim] Help with smarthost authentication....

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam Chernow
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Help with smarthost authentication....
Hey Everyone...

I have a fresh install of exim 4 on a Ubuntu server... I've set up exim
exactly as I have it on a different machine (which has no problem). It
seems to process email, however, it is refusing to authenticate to the
smart host. I get the following error
message:

    host smtp.sbc.mail.yahoo4.akadns.net [68.142.229.41]:

    530 authentication required - for help go to
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/dsl/mail/pop/pop-11.html

I have my username / password info for that server in a file in /etc/exim4
called passwd.client and it's CHMODED 0640... It's owned by root but it's
in group Debian-exim.

I've also tried an alternate server that I have access to, same result.

So... Now I'm stumped.. Any suggestions?

-Adam

--
Adam Chernow
adam@???