Re: [exim] Exim satellite server per user basis?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Meredith
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim satellite server per user basis?
Sometime around Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:54:43 -0800 (PST), it may be that
bjzq88 wrote:

> Hi there! I'm pretty new to Exim, but I've been tasked with using
> it in a mail migration. Is there a way to have e-mail addresses
> passed to another server (satellite system setup) but not others?

Yes. Two ways to do it; the first is the simplest, but carries the risk
of creating backsplash spam (although you can add callbacks to check
the addresses).

First method involves passing all unknown addresses on ServerX to
ServerY ... delete an account on ServerX, and it should be routed
through to ServerY.

Next method (which I prefer) is to create an alias file on ServerX
which uses the redirect router to pass certain addresses to ServerY.
Initially this is easiest to do by creating a manually maintained file,
but you'll want to automate this by running a script on ServerY to
create the alias file.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security