Re: [exim] MX for Multiple Domains using Exim4 as smarthost

Góra strony
Autor: Exim Mailing List
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] MX for Multiple Domains using Exim4 as smarthost
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:52:53PM -0500, Wes Carver wrote:

> I have an Exchange server that I use to host 3 domains for our
> organization. (I wonder how many users stopped reading there.)
> I have set up a Debian box with Exim to act as a smarthost. (Please do not
> send me to the Debian users group. This is not a question about the Debian
> setup.)
>
> I can successfully send mail out of our network, and I can send email from
> one domain to another on the inside of my network. I am trying to set up
> the MX records/reverse DNS records with our ISP/Domain registrar.
>
> I am unsure of how to proceed because my smarthost is the server that
> receives the email on the edge of my network for all of our domains.
>
> My Exchange server looks like gcmmail01.domain1.com, gcmmail01.domain2.com,
> and gcmmail01.domain3.com when I send the mail. I have set up host records
> with these names for the external IP for each. I have set up a reverse dns
> record for each also.

Don't obfuscate. How can we check MX records and IP addresses if you don't
tell us what the real names are.

> I can not connect to my server from the outside. At this point, I don't
> know if it is the settings on my edge router, or some problem with the Helo
> because of the way I set up the MX records.

Don't know. I can't check your MX records.

> To be honest, I think it might be a little of both.

Might be. I can't tell.

> Is it OK that the MX record points to a server that has a different FQDN?

Yes.

> The server is not named gcmmail01.domain1.com, or gcmmail01.domain2.com or
> gcmmail01.domain3.com? The records point to IPs that NAT to
> MailGateway.domain1.com (the smarthost).

Are you sure? How can we check.

> I have set up servers to point to a smarthost, but this is the first
> smarthost I have configured.

Everyone starts somewhere.

Steven.
--
Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.
        -- Pablo Picasso