Re: [exim] Sender/Return-Path with autenticated users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Drav Sloan
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Sender/Return-Path with autenticated users
Drav Sloan wrote:
> How do I stop Exim adding or "munging" Sender and Return-Paths for
> authenticated users?

Is this down to interpretation of RFC2822?

[quote]

The originator fields indicate the mailbox(es) of the source of the
message. The "From:" field specifies the author(s) of the message,
that is, the mailbox(es) of the person(s) or system(s) responsible
for the writing of the message. The "Sender:" field specifies the
mailbox of the agent responsible for the actual transmission of the
message. For example, if a secretary were to send a message for
another person, the mailbox of the secretary would appear in the
"Sender:" field and the mailbox of the actual author would appear in
the "From:" field. If the originator of the message can be indicated
by a single mailbox and the author and transmitter are identical, the
"Sender:" field SHOULD NOT be used. Otherwise, both fields SHOULD
appear.

[end quote]

If this is the case, I'd assume the details of the account used to
"authenticate" is not neccessarily the "sender address" of the
person submitting the message? (especially given they pass the
message with a From line). Or is this a stipulation somewhere else,
rfc2554 doesn't seem to assert this.

Just an addendum :)

Regards,

D.