Re: [exim] Archiving all inbound and outbound emails foraudi…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving all inbound and outbound emails forauditingpurposes
Jean-Philippe Côté wrote:
>>> Renaud Allard wrote: Are you sure it is your first router? I just tested
>>> the router I gave you (to be really sure) and it works fine on my
>>> servers.
>
> I must apologize. It does work. It's just that my test messages which I was
> sending to a gmail account were blocked by their spam filter.
>
> Just to recap, both suggested solutions work fine. That is:
>
> A (in system filter file):
>
> unseen deliver someaddress@???
>
> B (exim.conf, routers section):
>
> archive_outgoing: driver = redirect data = archives@??? senders =
> *@domain.com unseen archive_incoming: driver = redirect domains = domain.com
> data = archives@??? unseen
>
> Solution B has the advantage of allowing me to keep copies of messages for
> only one of the many hosted domains.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jean-Philippe

Solution B can also be replicated several times with minor differences to permit
storing different domains in different ways, archive only incoming, only
outgoing, each differently, et al. (our are also user/domain pref driven from
SQL calls).

This can lead to rather complex 'appearing' router/transport sets, but they work
quite efficiently.

HTH,

Bill Hacker