[exim] holding up deliveries for a specific domain between 8…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jason_Meers
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] holding up deliveries for a specific domain between 8am-8pm
HI all,

I have a fully functional exim infrastructure that archives inbound and
outbound messages to a cryoserver mail archive, using an entry in a
system filter like this:

unseen deliver cryouser@???

complianceinternet.co.uk is the e-mail address used by cryoserver to
catch a copy of each message. The domain "complianceinternet.co.uk" is
routed via an literal IP address using a manualroute entry in my exim
config (to the cryoserver box which is on the same LAN).

The problem is that a secondary cryoserver exists at my DR site which is
located at the other end of a WAN circuit which is also used for of
terminal services traffic between the two sites.

Whenever the primary cryoserver receives a message from my exim box it
immediately replicates the message over the slow WAN link to the
secondary cryoserver, severely affecting the performance/latency over
the link. I have lots of unused bandwidth between 8pm-8am but how can I
apply some rules about when deliveries can take place?

Limitations that I have to work around:
A) I can't physically change the way cryoserver works, it is a sealed
tamper-proof unit (It has to be otherwise message fidelity could be
called into question) so I am stuck with the way it works.

B) I don't want to turn off the secondary cryoserver as if the primary
fails I will lose the entire archive.

C) I don't want to have to locate the primary AND secondary cryoserver
at the same site, it defeats the whole point of having a second DR site.

So far I have been looking at using the "queue_remote_domains" and
"queue_domains" options.
(I don't think that the "queue_smtp_domains" option is relevant here
because I manualroute)

I've tried my best to explain my config here, but please feel free to
ask for any more details if required.

1) Is queuing the right kind of solution here or would it be possible to
create a "stunt transport" that only operates between certain hours of
the day?

2) How do I stop my regular queue runners from just picking up and
delivering anything I've tried to hold with a "queued domain" entry anyway?

Thanks very, very much for your time,
Jason_Meers

--
website at: http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk