Re: [exim] exim, clamav & OutLook

Author: Exim users mailing list
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim, clamav & OutLook
On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 02:01:29PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:36:07PM +0000, Peter Bowyer said:
> > On 16/02/07, Alexander Shikoff <minotaur@???> wrote:
> > > Yes, it look like that last clamav version is too buggy... :(
> >
> > I haven't upgraded yet, despite freshclam saying I should - I've been
> > tracking the 'official' Fedora RPMs, and they haven't released a 0.90
> > version yet. Maybe that's a good thing.... I think I'll stay with
> > 0.88.7 for a while longer.
>
> 0.90, if compiled with --enable-experimental, has been reported to
> either lock up or segfault fairly regularly. Compiled without
> --enable-experimental, it seems to be as stable as ever here.

My installation is complied without --enable-experimental.
clamd is running on FreeBSD 6.2 box with SMP kernel and SCHED_4BSD
scheduler.

I've tried to play with different scanning options but have no success.
It works for 5-15 minutes, than begins to use a lot of CPU and locks up.

In any case I propose to end this thread because it's quite offtopic.

Thank you!

--
Kind Regards,    Alexander Shikoff
minotaur@???