[exim] SMTP mail server taking too much time to connect

Góra strony
Autor: Kind Az
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] SMTP mail server taking too much time to connect
mail server taking too much time to connect

_____

For some reason, one of the servers can't connect to my mail server.
Whenever a user tries to send an email from that server to my server, the
message won't go through and I see the following in the logs
(var/log/exim/mainlog):

2007-02-13 23:56:06
<http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4364504##> SMTP connection
from (***.ca) [***.***.***.***] lost while reading message data (header)

This problem occurs only with this ***.ca mail server (as far as I know).

In fact, trying dnsreport.com tool on any of my server domains, I am getting
the error message

"ERROR: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!

******.com: Timed out [Last data sent: RCPT TO: ]

If this is a timeout problem, note that the DNS report only waits about 40
seconds for responses, so your mail *may* work fine in this case but you
will need to use testing tools specifically designed for such situations to
be certain.
"
PS. I am not having issues with almost all mail servers that send to my
server.

Can someone help/advise?

Thanks.