Re: [exim] Exim resend email many times

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Marco Zeni
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim resend email many times
Quoting Marco Zeni:

> 2007-02-14 13:52:36 i...@mydomain.it R=static_route T=static_smtp defer
> (110): Connection timed out: SMTP timeout while connected to
> 192.168.1.102 [192.168.1.102 after end of data (46606 bytes written)
>
> Our internal mail server receive the email correctly and delivery it,
> but Exim keep it in the retry queue and resend the email after the retry
> time.

The problem is that Exim hast to wait for the confirmation from your
internal server, but of course there's a timeout. You can raise
final_timeout in your static_smtp transport, but the default is already
10m, which should be quite enough for any server. So this may be some
problem with your internal server. Or maybe you have a firewall between
the MX and the internal server, which drops the connection after 1
minute or so, but your internal server needs more time for spam and
virus scanning etc.