Re: [exim] RBL check - can modify Subject?

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] RBL check - can modify Subject?
On 14/02/07, Oliver Howe <oliverj@???> wrote:

> In the DNS black lists section is it possible to rewrite the message subject to say something like
>
> [SPAM] $subject
>
> if the sending host is found in a dnslist like spamhaus?
> where $subject is the original message subject

Yes - use add_header to add a 'X-New-Subject: [SPAM] $subject' header,
and replace Subject with X-New-Subject in a router. You'll have to do
this in the DATA acl.

> I'm asking as gmail.com has found itself on one such list,

What list, as a matter of interest?

> currently I deny all messages. I'd rather not just add an X-Warning header only.

Unless you're content to outsource the whole of your blocking policy
to perhaps multiple third-parties, it's sensible to have a whitelist
facility for just this kind of circumstance, which will bypass one or
more DNSBL checks for a list of sending IPs, or SPF-pass or
Domainkeys-pass sending domains.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer