Re: [exim] header rewrite at ACL time

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] header rewrite at ACL time
Jan Srzednicki <w@???> (Di 13 Feb 2007 19:35:14 CET):
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up Exim to add some headers during ACL checking (DATA
> ACL, if that makes any difference). I can easily add a custom header
> with add_header directive, but how can I remove any existing headers of
> this type? I want to make sure that a given header won't be forged in
> the message (only my server is "permitted" to set it).

You could set a header that is unique to your server, probably secured
with a hash.

I did something like this

    add_header = x-my-header: foo
    add_header = x-my-header-digest: ${sha1:foo+SECRET}

If foo is variable and SECRET only known to your exim config you could
check if x-my-header is really generated from your server.
(If foo isn't variable you may add some other variable stuff, e.g. the
$message_exim_id)

But I'm not sure if it helps.

--
Heiko