Re: [exim] Please clarify spec.tct 33.5

Góra strony
Autor: Drav Sloan
Dla: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Please clarify spec.tct 33.5
Marc Haber wrote:
> Spec.txt Chapter 33.5 does not clearly say whether the authenticators
> are tried in the order given in the configuration file. This might be
> important if one wants to give CRAM-MD5 the preference over PLAIN and
> LOGIN.

Erm surely that is something dictated by the login method used by the
client; after all you authenticate specifiy the method being used:

AUTH PLAIN AGptczFAam1zMS5uZXQAbm90Lm15LnJlYWwucGFzc3dvcmQ=
235 ok, go ahead (#2.0.0)

AUTH LOGIN
334 TERBUCBVc2VybmFtZTo=

AUTH CRAM-MD5
334 PDY5OTEuMTA0NzUwMjUzN0BidW5zZW4uY2luZXJneWNvbS5uZXQ+

etc etc

Regards

Drav.

PS apologies for the duplicate email Marc, bad sender address on my
part.