Re: [exim] Exim's default Received: header format

Author: John Robinson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim's default Received: header format
On 23/01/2007 16:08, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
[...]
> This is one thing I've been meaning to ask for some time.
> * Where can or should $authenticated_sender, $sender_ident, $authenticated_id
> and similar trace information be placed?
>
> My received_header_text looks like this:

[...]

Thanks for that, Magnus. Do you mind if I use it? I've just incorporated
it into my new server's config, with a small change: I added in
$authenticated_id as follows:

[...]
by ${primary_hostname} (Exim ${version_number}) ${if
def:received_protocol {with ${uc:$received_protocol}${if
def:authenticated_id { (login $authenticated_id)}}}} id $message_id
[...]

as I thought it fitted best after the bit that tells you it was
authenticated SMTP. Looking now, Philip's mails via cam.ac.uk show the
mechanism and id in just this place.

Hmm, but locally generated messages now look stupid:

    by cat.yuiop.co.uk (Exim 4.66) with LOCAL (login apache) id
1HGdyP-0007jJ-7R
    for <john.robinson@???>; Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:24:13 +0000

Oh well, back to the drawing board - tomorrow, after I've done some
proper work.

Cheers,

John.