[exim] TLS with crypted key

Góra strony
Autor: Johannes Lämmermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] TLS with crypted key

Hi exim list,

I have the following problem with exim 4.5 (debian sarge).

Everything works just perfect with TLS, as long as I don't
use a crypted private key.

I don't want my TLS private key insecure and unencrypted,
as i'm not the only root user on the server. With Apache Webserver
it works like a charm. When i start apache, i get prompted for the
key's passphrase.

I wondered, wheter exim4 is also able to do so?
I couldn't find anything, related to my problem, on the web
so I hope at least you guys can give me an answer.

The error message, when I try to use the encrypted key:
2007-02-12 08:52:39 TLS error on connection from (xxx) [000.000.000.000]
(cert/key setup
: cert=/etc/ssl/certs/server.crt key=/etc/ssl/private/server.key)
: Base64 decoding error.

I'm using debian sarge and the following, standard debian,
start script and config files containing:

QUEUEINTERVAL='30m'
PIDFILE="/var/run/exim4/exim.pid"
QFLAGS=""
DAEMON=/usr/sbin/exim4

  start-stop-daemon --start --pidfile "$PIDFILE" \
    --exec $DAEMON -- -bd -q${QFLAGS}${QUEUEINTERVAL}

As explained above, with uncrytped privatekey everything's just perfect.

With kind regards
Johannes Lämmermann

--
Johannes Lämmermann mailto:johannes@laemmermann.eu