Re: [exim] smtp_command missing stuff

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_command missing stuff
* on the Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 09:41:40PM +0000, Mike Cardwell wrote:

> I just connected to my mail server and manually sent a mail from of
> the format:
>
> MAIL FROM:<exim-users@???> SIZE=12345
>
> The value of $smtp_command was logged. It was:
>
> MAIL FROM:<exim-users@???>
>
> I thought $smtp_command would have contained the SIZE too? I'm using
> v4.63 at the moment...

Just to clarify. I'm aware that I can get the size value out of
$message_size.

I'm currently experimenting with reducing the amount of greylisting
being performed. My logic is currently as follows:

1.) We only want to greylist spam zombies
2.) We'll greylist everything, with exceptions so we don't miss anything
3.) Spam zombie software doesn't use TLS, so don't greylist on encrypted
    connections.
4.) Spam zombie software probably doesn't use stuff like the SIZE
    service extension, so don't greylist hosts that use it.

Point 4 was what made the $smtp_command thing catch my attention. I was
going to log the $smtp_command to see what hosts were actually using the
SIZE extension and gather some stats.

Mike