[exim] Limits on address expansion

Author: Alain Williams
To: Exim Users
Subject: [exim] Limits on address expansion
Hi,

I am adding something to an exim config that could result in a large number
(20,000) email addresses. It is a secondary college and the ability to
mail to a class or all students is wanted. The expansion will be done
through class-list lookup in a mysql database. Several other complications
of course (who can do it, don't auto-create new cyrus accounts, ...).

Is this something that exim (on a reasonably powerful Linux box) could handle ?
I can't see anything in the documentation that talks about this.

Most expansions would be much smaller - less than 100, but 'all' is quite big but
I don't expect to happen often.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256 http://www.phcomp.co.uk/