Re: [exim] Simple greylisting in Exim ACL.

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim users, W B Hacker
Subject: Re: [exim] Simple greylisting in Exim ACL.
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:12 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Hm. I'm not sure about 'SELECT foo AS somearbitraryvariable' but we
> _could_ probably make it set a variable named according to the _field_
> name. So a lookup 'SELECT helo,host,expire FROM greylist where blah'
> could set variables like $acl_m_helo, $acl_m_host, $acl_m_expire.

I don't see why this is needed. what is wrong with using extract? this
works the same for LDAP lookups, btw.

  address_data = ${lookup mysql \
        {SELECT m.localpart, m.maildomain, f.forward, t.tripnote, [...]

now you get the forward column using ${extract{forward}{$address_data}}

of course this works just as well with an ACL variable instead of
$address_data.

--
Kjetil T.