Re: [exim] Simple greylisting in Exim ACL.

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Simple greylisting in Exim ACL.
David Woodhouse wrote:

*snip*

> (Btw, is there a clever way of doing 'SELECT foo,bar,baz FROM whatever'
> and getting them into three separate $acl_m_foo, $acl_m_bar, $acl_m_baz
> variables? I can either select them and then split the single text
> string, or fetch them separately as I do below. Did I miss a trick?
> In fact, I can't even see how to split a foo|bar|baz string and then set
> acl_m_foo=$1, set acl_m_bar=$2 etc., because aren't $1,$2 etc. cleared
> by the time you get to the next ACL modifier? You have to use them
> _inside_ the ${sg...} IIRC?)

Seems 'not at the moment'.

Background:

We use the SQL : 'SELECT <SQL DB attribute> AS <dovecot variable>'

..elsewhere.

Tests (so far) have show this SQL 'AS' assignment does NOT work in Exim ACL's -
whether quoted, bracketed, or $quote_pgsl:'ed, and whether destined for either
an acl_<variable> OR a MACRO.

Not definitve - more clever minds may yet find a way....

NB: We have never bothered, as PostgreSQL can handle multiple calls 'fast
enough' and with better-known (to us) predictability, than we might expect with
interpreted-language string surgery on sometimes-but-not-always UTF-8.

'Always' 7-level ASCII would perhaps be a whole different game, so...

YMMV

Bill