Re: [exim] Simple relaying to Smarthost by sender

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Simple relaying to Smarthost by sender
On Wednesday 07 February 2007 18:13, My BSD wrote:
> Running a separate instance of Exim for outgoing mail only. Needed to
> set up a smarthost for Gmail users who wished to relay their outgoing
> mail through Gmail's SMTP servers.
>
> Read the Spec -- not very helpful. Found the following excellent
> how-to (but overkill for our needs) for multiple smarthosts by
> sender:
>
> <http://www.tgunkel.de/docs/exim_smarthosts.en>

I don't think that HOWTO is quite that excellent, actually...

There exists a "sender" condition. The generic "condition" condition isn't
needed.

In example 3, smarthost_alpha and smarthost_beta could be merged. route_list
is a list, you know...

> Adapted it as follows:
>
> (Router:)
> send_to_gmail_smart_host:
>     condition              =       $sender_address=*@gmail.com

That's not good. The RHS should expand to a boolean value, but that expands to
something like "foobar@???=*@gmail.com"

Why not simply have

      senders = *@gmail.com
?