Re: [exim] Experimental SPF spec...

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Experimental SPF spec...
On 06/02/07, Dan_Mitton@??? <Dan_Mitton@???> wrote:

> It seems like it would only take a couple little "tweaks" of the code to
> implement a 'spf_helo' [I found out '-' doesn't work :( ] check that could
> work in the HELO ACL (I think I have something workable). This would at
> least give people the option. From what I'm seeing on the SPF discussion
> lists, it seems like checking at HELO is becoming more popular.

Perhaps what's needed is an optional second argument to 'spf = xxxx',
with the same syntax as 'spam = ' ...

spf = xxxx : helo
spf = xxxx : mfrom

... preserving the existing behaviour if the second argument is
missing, of course.

> >I was wondering if I had time to look at using perl calls to the new
> >Mail::SPF module to have a bit more of a play......
> >

> I started with the perl Mail:SPF modules and had everything working, HELO
> included, but I was getting occasional problems connecting to the spfd. I
> know that I'm running on a very tiny machine and that might be the problem.
> That's why I started looking into the integrated libspf2 solution.

I agree, it probably should be supported. I just mocked up the
Mail::SPF HELO check, seems to be functionally OK, but performance is
a worry.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer