Re: [exim] Exim Advanced SMTP Routing

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim Advanced SMTP Routing
Michael da Silva Pereira <michael@???> (Di 06 Feb 2007 12:14:36 CET):

> I have an interesting scenario and was wondering if anybody has done
> anything alike.
>
> I want to setup a Router within my exim.conf to deliver to a remote host,
> then if this fails try another host and then last but not least try the
> dnslookup method.
>
> However If exim connects to any of the remote hosts, and they reply with a
> 550 Relay denied error exim automatically bounces the message back to the
> recipient, is there no way I can force exim to try another router instead of
> bouncing this immediately?

I think we had this discussion here already. I asked some similar
question. My attempt was to use some fallback host in case of 5xx
in some other router.

I understood that it doesn't work. 5xx is definitive and final and
permanent and the mail should bounce. (This doesn't mean that I agree
with this theory ;-)

May be you can setup something with condition = ${run{....}}
and run a test in advance.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -