Re: [exim] Users Forward File

Author: Joseph
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Users Forward File
Michael Sprague wrote:
> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>> On Saturday 03 February 2007 15:48, Michael Sprague wrote:
>>> # Query macros
>>> POP = ${lookup mysql{select pop from users,domains where localpart =
>>> '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' and domain = '${quote_mysql:$domain}' and
>>> domains.enabled = '1
>>> ' and users.enabled = '1' and users.domain_id = domains.domain_id}}
>>> QUOTED = ${lookup mysql{select pop from users,domains where localpart =
>>> '${quote_mysql::$local_part}' and domain = '${quote_mysql::$domain}' and
>>> domains.enabled = '1' and users.enabled = '1' and users.domain_id =
>>> domains.domain_id}}
>> A probably better solution is to change the list separator to one that is not
>> present above, like the documentation suggests:
>>
>>  # Look for a user's .mfilter file and process if any.
>>  mfilter:
>>     debug_print = "R: mfilter for $local_part@$domain"
>>     driver = redirect
>>     file = POP/.forward
>>     require_files = <| vexim:POP/.forward

> Duh. I forgot you can even do that. Thanks.
>
> mikeS

Thanks for everyones ideas.

It is helpful.

Another question than, perhaps an obvious one, but if you were to store
the .forward in a column, I expect you would put the entire forward file
contents in one column, and have \n at the end of every normal line?

Example:

# Exim Filter\n\nif $header_from: contains
\"test\"\nthen\nsave\n$home/Maildir/.test/\nendif\n

Or is there a better way?

Another question, after following your good advice, how do I determine
why the transport is failing?

--
= respectfully,                  =